Monday, June 18, 2012

Elevated Living: Family

To the Lovers of Elevated Living:

That title may deserve a definition of sorts. Perhaps its better said: To those that love the rich experiences that life offers in its everyday simplicity. I don't often seek thrills, spontaneous adventures, or attention in large crowds. But everyday life has its opportunities and mercies. I hope that this blog will chronicle such opportunities, mercies, and growth spurts in whatever ways I recognize them.

Just a bit about me. And my family. I am the fourth daughter of eleven kids. Nine girls and two boys. I'm used to the stares and exclamations that usually come from these numbers, but they are a definite contribution to elevated living. My parents make huge sacrifices to raise us, but they've instilled in us the essential truth that we are children of Heavenly Father and worth every sacrifice they make for us.

While we, the eldest seven girls, have left the house to attend universities, get married, etc, we are still close in many respects. My older sister and I still try to learn duets together and I get to visit my younger sister and her husband this weekend up at the university. I'm bringing two other sisters with me as well. Hopefully the close knit quality we've had with the oldest girls can continue with our younger siblings as they grow up.

Family elevates life because we share each other's triumphs and sorrows. We cheer each other on in junior high dance concerts and university graduations. We've had our own disagreements but managed to continue to be friends. And woe to people that upset our siblings if we're around. Living to feel my family's happiness and enjoying their support with my endeavors makes challenges opportunities, and trials blessings.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Deb. I love you. Also, I love this--post again, post again! :)

    ReplyDelete